GeelongPort Environment Policy
Geelong Port Pty Ltd and Ports Pty Ltd is committed to conducting business activities in a way that minimise adverse environmental impacts and delivers continual improvement in environmental performance. To achieve this, we will:
- Monitor and comply, at a minimum, with all applicable legal requirements and conduct activities in accordance with relevant industry codes and standards.
- Implement systems to prevent pollution, improve resource efficiency and minimise impacts on the communities in which we operate.
- Report and appropriately manage all environmental hazards, incidents, community complaints and legacy conditions.
- Incorporate environmental considerations into decision-making and procurement processes.
- Communicate openly with the community, regulators, customers and other stakeholders.
- Set and review internal environmental objectives and target, and implement programs to achieve these.
- Measure and report on our environmental performance to our internal and relevant external stakeholders.
- Implement verification processes to ensure compliance with this policy and to drive-continuous improvement of our environmental performance.
- Deliver training and awareness programs to ensure our employees and contractors understand their environmental accountabilities and have the necessary skills to minimise the environmental risks and our operations.
– Brett Winter – CEO GeelongPort