Spirit of Tasmania passenger and freight terminal
Spirit of Tasmania (operated by TT-Line) and GeelongPort have embarked on a long-term partnership, making Geelong the new Victorian home for the iconic Spirit of Tasmania vessels from 2022, providing immense benefits to both Tasmania and Victoria.
Earlier this year, Spirit of Tasmania, announced it would move its Victorian port operations from Station Pier, Port Melbourne, to Corio Quay, Geelong.
The company has signed a new 30-year lease with GeelongPort to relocate to Corio Quay in 2022 when the Station Pier lease expires.
The move will provide benefits not only for Tasmania but also for Victoria and will create up to 75 new jobs during construction.
It will also result in increased tourism and business growth opportunities for the hospitality, agribusiness, and logistics industries across Geelong, regional Victoria and metropolitan Melbourne.
GeelongPort will be developing a dedicated 12-hectare terminal and freight facility for Spirit of Tasmania’s future operational requirements.
The brand new 12-hectare purpose-designed terminal will feature:
- Comfortable, accessible and connected passenger lounge areas;
- Children’s play area, cafe, and a pet exercise area;
- Space for seamless and efficient boarding and security processes for passengers;
- Dedicated passenger drop-off and long-term parking;
- Dedicated berth for the Spirit of Tasmania vessels;
- Office facilities and crew accommodation;
- Crew and staff car parking; and
- Flexible storage and expanded facilities for freight clients.
Currently in the planning phase, construction is expected to begin in 2021 with the facility operational by 2022.
To find out more about this exciting development, head to our project site – Engage – Spirit of Tasmania Quay – Passenger and freight terminal.