Competition Terms and Conditions
The Promoter is GeelongPort Pty Limited (ABN 50 003 996 594) of Corio Quay Road, North Geelong, VIC, 3215 phone 1800 979 717 (Promoter). Full terms available from the Promoter’s website. Open to residents of Australia. This promotion will be conducted between 26/01/2024 at 00:01 ADST and 28/01/2024 at 23:59 ADST. Winner/s will be notified in writing and by phone by 31/01/2024 at 5pm. The prize is a voucher for redemption on the Spirit of Tasmania and the total value is $1,000.
Terms and Conditions of Entry – GeelongPort Promotion.
- Information on how to enter, dates and prizes as set out in the Schedule form part of the Terms and Conditions of Entry. Entry into this competition deems acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- By entering this competition, the entrant expressly acknowledges that their name and email address will be provided to both the Promoter and Spirit of Tasmania for the purposes of receiving direct marketing updates. This information will only be provided where the entrant is over the age of 18 years of age at the time of entering the competition.
Who can enter
- Entry is open to all residents of Australia who fulfil the requirements of these terms and conditions.
- Employees, and their immediate families, of the Promoter or Spirit of Tasmania and associated companies are not eligible to enter this competition. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin.
How to enter
- Entries are accepted electronically via the form available on the Promoter’s Microsoft Forms platform: https://forms.office.com/r/n0BxB45b7k.
- Entries must include their guess of how many ships are in the box displayed at GeelongPort activation in Steampacket Gardens, and all requested contact details, including a valid email, to be eligible to win. Entrants may only enter in their own name.
Number of Entries permitted
- Entrants may enter this competition once per person.
Open, Close, Draw and Publish dates
- All promotions under this blanket will be held between 26/01/2024 at 00:01 ADST and 28/01/2024 at 23:59 ADST. (‘Promotional Period’). Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
- The winner will be selected as the first entry received to guess the correct number of ships in the box as displayed,
- If no correct guess is received, the Promoter will select the next closest answer, either higher or lower than the correct answer.
- If there are two or more correct answers higher or lower than the actual correct answer, the first correct answer received will be the winner.
- The winner/s will be notified by phone and email by 31/01/2024 at 5pm. It is the responsibility of the entrant to advise if their contact details have changed.
- Prizes, or instructions relating to the redemption of prizes, will be sent within five days of this (providing that the winner has confirmed receipt of notification that they are the winner).
- Upon being drawn as a prize winner, should the Promoter request confirmation of prize delivery and contact details from the drawn winner, the Promoter reserves the right to withhold prize(s) until confirmation is received. The Promoter may use the name of the winner on promotional material in regard to this competition.
Prize on offer
- The prize is a voucher for redemption on the Spirit of Tasmania. It is valid for three years from issue and is not redeemable for cash. Full details as to how the voucher can be redeemed will be made available to the winner directly via phone and email.
- Total prize value is $1,000 (Including GST).
Further Terms and Conditions
- Any entrant found to have used a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf will have all entries invalidated and any claim they have to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any prize awarded. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
- Any entrant found to be entering incorrect contact details, including incorrect email contact details, will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any prize awarded. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
- If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation. Cash will not necessarily be awarded as a substitute. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
- The Promoter reserves the right to select another winner in the event that an entrant, claiming to be a winner, is unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions or has breached these Terms and Conditions, or does not acknowledge receipt of notification that they are the winner within five Business Days.
- The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is subject to State and Territory legislation but also final and binding on each person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and, cannot be taken as cash. Prizes will be sent to the winner’s nominated address as stated in their original entry. The Promoter and their associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
Privacy collection statement
- Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name of winners may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter and/or Spirit of Tasmania, unless a winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting their prize.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes and any applicable statutory authorities and to conduct direct marketing activities.
Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, a copy of which is available https://engage.geelongport.com.au/privacy-policy
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
- In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. If the winner is under the age of 18 years of age as at the date of this activity, they require consent of a parent or guardian for any interviews or photography. The winners (and their companions) agree to granting the Promoter a non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media, including online social networking sites, and the winners (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- Prize-winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
- The Promoter (subject to State and Territory legislation) reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition. In particular, entries via the Internet, computer generation and use “scripting” is not permitted and will not be accepted.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) use of a prize The Promoter (including its’ officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits or opportunity), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition including taking or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law), including the Non-Excludable guarantees. Any change in value of the prize occurring between the publishing date and date the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter.