Health, Safety & Environment
GeelongPort OHSE Policy
GeelongPort Pty Ltd and Ports Pty Ltd are committed to the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment to ensure the health and safety of everyone who interacts with our business, including the public. The continuous improvement of safety performance, through the development and maintenance of a positive safety culture is a key priority in all aspects of our business activities and we will ensure that we:
- Implement Health and Safety Management Systems tailored to the specific risks in each of our businesses;
- Hold executives, managers, supervisors and employees accountable and responsible for their individual actions concerning health and safety performance whilst recognising that senior executives are ultimately accountable;
- Corporate and local policies and procedures apply to employees, contractors and other persons at our sites;
- Report, conduct investigations (including independent investigations where required under our investigations procedures), identify relevant causal factors and take action to prevent recurrence within a context or organisational learning;
- Focus on identifying and controlling our highest risks as a priority;
- Establish measurable objectives and targets for health and safety to seek and ensure continual improvement aimed at reducing risk and work-related injury and illness;
- Provide maintenance programs that ensure healthy and safe work areas and plant and equipment that is fit for purpose;
- Establish effective consultation processes and make sure that all affected stakeholders are included in matters impacting on their workplace health and safety;
- Provide such information, instruction, training and supervision as may be necessary to allow our employees to safely and competently carry out their work;
- Provide relevant health and safety information and instruction for contractors and visitors;
- Ensure that adequate specialist HSE support is available where needed;
- Take all reasonable care for the health, safety and rehabilitation legislative requirements;
- Audit based on risk to ensure compliance with this policy; and
- Provide access to this Health and Safety Policy within the workplace.
GeelongPort Environment Policy
Geelong Port Pty Ltd and Ports Pty Ltd is committed to conducting business activities in a way that minimise adverse environmental impacts and delivers continual improvement in environmental performance. To achieve this, we will:
- Monitor and comply, at a minimum, with all applicable legal requirements and conduct activities in accordance with relevant industry codes and standards.
- Implement systems to prevent pollution, improve resource efficiency and minimise impacts on the communities in which we operate.
- Report and appropriately manage all environmental hazards, incidents, community complaints and legacy conditions.
- Incorporate environmental considerations into decision-making and procurement processes.
- Communicate openly with the community, regulators, customers and other stakeholders.
- Set and review internal environmental objectives and target, and implement programs to achieve these.
- Measure and report on our environmental performance to our internal and relevant external stakeholders.
- Implement verification processes to ensure compliance with this policy and to drive-continuous improvement of our environmental performance.
- Deliver training and awareness programs to ensure our employees and contractors understand their environmental accountabilities and have the necessary skills to minimise the environmental risks and our operations.