GeelongPort Quality Policy
GeelongPort is a commercial port providing berthing facilities, wharf side storage, logistics expertise and other specialised cargo handling activities.
Quality is integral to GeelongPort working practices as we believe it is critical to the success of our business.
The key elements of our approach to quality are based on the following quality principles:
- Customer focus: As an organisation, we have made a commitment to understand our current and future customer needs, meet their requirements and strive to exceed their expectations.
- Leadership: Senior Management are committed to creating and maintaining a working environment where people are valued and fully involved in achieving our objectives.
- Engagement of People: We recognise that people are the essence of any good business and encourage their full involvement to develop their abilities for the mutual benefit of individuals and the company.
- Process Approach: We aim to organise our activities and resources to achieve consistent positive results using planned and interconnected processes that seek to minimise waste and maximise efficiency.
- Improvement: We are committed to continuous improvement to the services GeelongPort provides and to the effectiveness of our quality management system. We will set quality objectives as part of this improvement process.
- Evidence Based Decision Making: We will measure our performance in key activities and use relevant data to make informed and effective decisions on how to improve our processes.
- Relationship Management: GeelongPort recognises that an organisation and the relationship it has with its external providers and business partners are interdependent and that a mutually beneficial relationship enhances and ability of both to create value.
To meet this policy stated requirements, GeelongPort has developed a Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Standards document to assist in meeting ISO 9001: 2015 Standard.
GeelongPort has implemented and internal audit program to ensure that ongoing suitability and conformity of the quality management system is assured. GeelongPort is also externally audited by an accredited organisation to meet the requirements of ISO 9001: 2015 for Quality Management.